Thursday, June 10, 2010

SA in the spotlight

While we're still scratching our heads and wonder if the friendly game against Brazil did our beloved Tanzania any good, I decided to post the McKinsey interview with the ANC veteran, Deputy President Kgalema Motlanthe -- just to ease the frustrations. He discusses the state of the South African economy, world cup, the country’s progress in fighting HIV/AIDS, China’s role on Africa, and the important part that values have to play in the business world.







I would like to wish the organisers, all South Africans, participating teams and football supporters around the world all the best.

Let the best team win!! I mean, please, no Italy in the final...

1 comment:

  1. Mungu ibariki Africa, Mungu ibariki South Africa.

    One thing is bothering me, the list below

    K'naan - "Waving Flag" Coca-Cola anthem WC...
    Akon - "Oh Africa"- Pepsi anthem WC...
    R.kelly - "Sign of a Victory" anthem WC....
    Shakira - "Waka Waka" song WC.........

    I mean, FIFA couldnt find YVONNE CHAKA CHAKA for the song of WC. I know they had to consult the sponsors, etc...but why all these other guys
    ..I mean R Kelly...come on now!

    K'naan gets a pass...but still..they are many many many african artists who could have done a much better job...anyway...enough of me hating!

    Enjoy and good luck south africa

    ReplyDelete